The Displacement Law
Let us say that you have not been so lucky in the past and you have
absorbed hundreds and thousands of negative thoughts. You have the habit
of addressing yourself, “I’m no good at math,” or “I’m going to get into
Can anything be done about this habit? Absolutely!
You can begin by understanding the principle of displacement.
The way to eliminate depreciating thoughts is to fill your minds with good messages,
so that the negative ones can be automatically dislodged and displaced.
Like everything else, you will learn to talk to yourself more gently and positively
Statements of Hope
One way to start-off the practice of running positive streams of selfdialogue through your mind
is to put it on paper.
Your mind easily drifts and because of this, some people find it easier to write their positive messages
this will help direct your concentration.
Here is how it works.
Try to do this first thing in the morning. In your journal each day, jot
down some affirming statements such as these:
· I feel optimistic about the day that is about to unfold.
· I am a competent decision-maker and trust that I’ll do the right things
as I go through this day.
· I enjoy nature and feel good as I look out this window at the foggy
· I am determined to be self-confident!
· I am enthusiastic and eager for achievement!
· I am thankful for life and opportunity!
· I desire to be influential!
· I resolve to grow and progress!
· I aspire for greatness!
· I have absolute faith in myself!
· I grow daily in courage!
· I am ambitious for conquest!
· I will positively succeed!
· I have set my heart upon truth!
· I aspire for lofty heights!
· I am developing self-reliance!
· I am pushing to the front!
· I shall absolutely win!
These are not so much goals for the day as statements of belief.
When repeated repeatedly, these can change how you think about yourself.
If it is true that you become what you believe, then it will change the
essence of your being
I would love to hear your thoughts on this subject.